Retrofitting Towbar (2008 California)

E

emcw

VIP Member
Messages
36
Location
Nottingham
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Hi,

I’m looking at getting a towbar fitted on my 2008 California but receiving mixed messages from fitters. From what I understand, I can’t have dedicated electrics because the kit is now obsolete for my vehicle year. PF Jones have said they can fit 13 pin universal (although this won’t integrate with my parking sensors, I can get over this) but another local fitter has said I can only have 7 pin because there’s not enough room behind the lights for the relays. I have a Thule bike rack so need 13 pin for this. I’m happy to go ahead with PF Jones but on a tight deadline before I go away so don’t want to get to the appointment to be told that it can’t be done. Has anyone had 13 pin electrics fitted on their 2008 van? Also has anyone got any advice about the parking sensors? I’ve thought about taking the fuse out when the towbar is in use but don’t know if there’s a more sophisticated way to go about it.

Thanks
Emma
 
Hi Emma, I can't answer your specific questions re your 2008 California but you might want to try this company as an alternative opinion. They fitted a towbar to my 2011 California a few years ago. Great service. Good luck in getting it sorted in time for your travels.

 
Back
Top