Opinions on tyres being fitted

Fass Dug

Fass Dug

Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
10
Location
Glasgow
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi All. I'm just looking for some opinions on the tyre choice the specialist has chosen for my wheels. Currently getting air suspension, new wheels and tyres from the same specialist.

The wheels are Velocity VF3 which are load rated at 900kg each.

The tyres they have chosen are 255/40 R20s with a load rating of 101. I think my main concern is the 101. I believe it is the minimum for a T30 chassis.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
 
If you dig deep on this site, you might be lucky and find a little bit of info on the

Michelin CrossClimate 2 .​

 
Hi All. I'm just looking for some opinions on the tyre choice the specialist has chosen for my wheels. Currently getting air suspension, new wheels and tyres from the same specialist.

The wheels are Velocity VF3 which are load rated at 900kg each.

The tyres they have chosen are 255/40 R20s with a load rating of 101. I think my main concern is the 101. I believe it is the minimum for a T30 chassis.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I think if you look at axle weights 101 is technically OK but all VWs advised tyre weights tend to stick to 103.

The California is a T30 so if you have verified that it is adequate then it should be ok. Im not familiar with that diameter I am guessing it was chosen to be close to stock diameter. This may or may not limit the choice of weights available. The less stock but more choice option is 245/45/20.

There is some info on running 20s on this site but you will see far more on the t6 forum where mods are more common. There is a 700 reply thread on 20s here if you want a look with a coffee. - https://www.t6forum.com/threads/20-tyre-advice-sizing-brand-pressure.12761/
 
I think if you look at axle weights 101 is technically OK but all VWs advised tyre weights tend to stick to 103.

The California is a T30 so if you have verified that it is adequate then it should be ok. Im not familiar with that diameter I am guessing it was chosen to be close to stock diameter. This may or may not limit the choice of weights available. The less stock but more choice option is 245/45/20.

There is some info on running 20s on this site but you will see far more on the t6 forum where mods are more common. There is a 700 reply thread on 20s here if you want a look with a coffee. - https://www.t6forum.com/threads/20-tyre-advice-sizing-brand-pressure.12761/
Thanks for the reply and the link. I'll check that out just now. Ta
 
2 main issues with 20" rims and low profile tyres. 1 - Tyre and or rim damage by potholes 2 - 255 will probably give no rim protection to kerbing. Oh! 3 - 20" tyres don't last too long and are expensive to replace.
 
2 main issues with 20" rims and low profile tyres. 1 - Tyre and or rim damage by potholes 2 - 255 will probably give no rim protection to kerbing. Oh! 3 - 20" tyres don't last too long and are expensive to replace.
Yes but, as proved many times here, bling beats brains.
 
2 main issues with 20" rims and low profile tyres. 1 - Tyre and or rim damage by potholes 2 - 255 will probably give no rim protection to kerbing. Oh! 3 - 20" tyres don't last too long and are expensive to replace.
Valid points and did consider this. The wheels themselves are 9j so the tyres are giving some protection. Although not much.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top