Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

Have any of you intrepid people toured Slovenia in your wagons?

Currently pootling about in a wheezy rental Astra; what a glorious country. After a few alpine swims, I’m really missing a campervan to get back into for a sustainable, single estate origin coffee. Ground by forest sprites and pixies.

As @wildslammer22 knows, I am currently knee deep in mountain daisies dreaming of my next moustache wax.

Godspeed swampers.
 
Have any of you intrepid people toured Slovenia in your wagons?

Currently pootling about in a wheezy rental Astra; what a glorious country. After a few alpine swims, I’m really missing a campervan to get back into for a sustainable, single estate origin coffee. Ground by forest sprites and pixies.

As @wildslammer22 knows, I am currently knee deep in mountain daisies dreaming of my next moustache wax.

Godspeed swampers.

Have any of you intrepid people toured Slovenia in your wagons?

Currently pootling about in a wheezy rental Astra; what a glorious country. After a few alpine swims, I’m really missing a campervan to get back into for a sustainable, single estate origin coffee. Ground by forest sprites and pixies.

As @wildslammer22 knows, I am currently knee deep in mountain daisies dreaming of my next moustache wax.

Godspeed swampers.
Enjoy your coffee

IMG_1638.jpeg
 
Have any of you intrepid people toured Slovenia in your wagons?

Currently pootling about in a wheezy rental Astra; what a glorious country. After a few alpine swims, I’m really missing a campervan to get back into for a sustainable, single estate origin coffee. Ground by forest sprites and pixies.

As @wildslammer22 knows, I am currently knee deep in mountain daisies dreaming of my next moustache wax.

Godspeed swampers.
Hey, I'm from Slovenia. Anything particular you want to know?
This summer there was a lot of news about too many tourists around the Soča Valley and in Triglav National Park, increase of fines for wild camping, and more control in these areas. I know of people who couldn't find a campsite in the whole Soča Valley. It's probably less people now. Keep in mind that some municipalites around Soča and the whole Triglav National park prohibits sleeping in a car on non-designated areas explicitly. Elsewhere in Slovenia (unless restricted by local decrees), this is not so strict - only wild camping is restricted, where camping is defined as setting up tents, awnings and other "movable furniture". So technically you can sleep in a car. If you want to skip campsites, look for less touristy areas where sleeping in a car is generally tolerated if you are descreet - look for forrest tracks, there are many and you can often find some nice spots in the forest. These tracks will usually have a sign saying something like "gozdna cesta - uporaba na lastno odgovornost" (translates to forest road - use at your own risk).

Enjoy your stay, it's a beautiful country.
 
Hey, I'm from Slovenia. Anything particular you want to know?
This summer there was a lot of news about too many tourists around the Soča Valley and in Triglav National Park, increase of fines for wild camping, and more control in these areas. I know of people who couldn't find a campsite in the whole Soča Valley. It's probably less people now. Keep in mind that some municipalites around Soča and the whole Triglav National park prohibits sleeping in a car on non-designated areas explicitly. Elsewhere in Slovenia (unless restricted by local decrees), this is not so strict - only wild camping is restricted, where camping is defined as setting up tents, awnings and other "movable furniture". So technically you can sleep in a car. If you want to skip campsites, look for less touristy areas where sleeping in a car is generally tolerated if you are descreet - look for forrest tracks, there are many and you can often find some nice spots in the forest. These tracks will usually have a sign saying something like "gozdna cesta - uporaba na lastno odgovornost" (translates to forest road - use at your own risk).

Enjoy your stay, it's a beautiful country.
Awesome information, thank you. I did notice that the campsites were incredibly busy around Tolmin and the base of the Vrisic pass (what a road!).

Slovenia is so beautiful - there are hidden gems around every corner. And so beautifully clean and hospitable.

And the wine is good too, which is a bonus!
 
Have any of you intrepid people toured Slovenia in your wagons?

Currently pootling about in a wheezy rental Astra; what a glorious country. After a few alpine swims, I’m really missing a campervan to get back into for a sustainable, single estate origin coffee. Ground by forest sprites and pixies.

As @wildslammer22 knows, I am currently knee deep in mountain daisies dreaming of my next moustache wax.

Godspeed swampers.
I was in Slovenia last year. Stayed at this very ice (and cheap) campsite. Plenty of room and segregated pitches. This was on the way to the Italy-Slovenia border area.

1787934793944.png
 
Hello fellow swampers,
finally did the rack:
View attachment 147716now some tailgate struts questions:I am not really a fan of drilling into the Cali and most of the 1500N options require exactly that so I am looking for some advice from those of you that do carry spare wheel and either peli box or a canister on your bike rack.
I found this option: https://busschmiede.de/?a=2678&lang=eng
No drilling required - basically replaces the original Cali gas struts (that are 1250 or 1270N if I am not mistaken) with a 1400N ones. Would this be enough (at least in summer/warm months)? Does any of you use this or has some other suggestions?
Thanks!
I'll check mine, but im sure its a lot more than 1400.

Screenshot_20260831_151259_WhatsApp.jpg
 
Hello all. I take ownership of my dream Cali this week. A T6 Ocean with full swamper mods. I’ve previously been a frequent Campervan renter and love wild camping with my partner and our dog. I’m exited for more adventures on and off the beaten track and I look forward to tapping into the wisdom of this group.

I'll check mine, but im sure its a lot more than 1400.

View attachment 151891
Mine are 1600 N, no drilling. Came with stronger fittings and reinforcement plates for lowers.
 

Similar threads

L
Replies
3
Views
766
pchmlk
pchmlk
M
Replies
7
Views
2K
Toobie
T
kevin drury
Replies
3
Views
2K
Alied
Alied
G
Replies
6
Views
2K
Gemima0818
G
Back
Top