Insurance advice for a newbie please.

W

Why Not

Messages
4
Location
Scotland
Vehicle
T7 ocean
Morning all. I will be picking up my Cali early next week. I had initially thought it would be a case of transferring existing insurance to the van, however I have changed my car for an older runaround which I have transferred the insurance to. My research seems to indicate there are specialist insurers which offer more bespoke and cost effective cover. It would be nice to have a policy which covered both.

Any advice appreciated.

TIA
 
Fair few chats on this subject. And its all very subjective to your own needs.
You can pay as little as £300ish to £700+

Key thing is to make sure you have the cover you want - my first year was an expensive, although only 1% of the vans value, but I know it was fully covered for pretty much everything and anything.

There are one or two "car" insurers out there that will cover the Cali's (Admiral and LV) spring to mind, and there are a lot of specialist companies... CAMC, Comfort, Adrian Flux to name a few.

Use the "Search" at the top and you will be flooded with you choice - except you won't need insurance for that flood :veryfunny
Good luck
 
Give LV a try. They have aways been the lowest cost for our Cali.
Look also at getting a multicar policy with them and put both the Cali and your cheap runaround on the same policy.

Also, assuming the Cali is going to be a lot more valuable than the runaround, I would move the NCB onto the Cali to try an reduce the premium on the higher value vehicle. Unless of course the old runabout sits in a very high insurance group.
 
Safeguard offer15% discount in first year as a club member. Doesn't hurt to get a phone quote.
 
Thanks folks. I have had a look at previous threads, given the dynamic nature of insurance I thought I'd ask afresh.

The runaround is simply that. I had intended only having the cali, however I sold the car I had and had to get something. My thinking now is to keep it as a runaround. Presently insured with Lloyds (I know, where did that come from?), when I transferred to the runaround I got £85 refund.

Time to have look at a few quotes...
 
To close this off...

I was pleasantly surprised at the initial quote from LV £354, however when I explored the multi-car option not only was I delighted to see the price come down to £268 for the Cali, I was over the moon to discover (even after a £52 cancellation fee) the refund of £259 from my existing policy was more than the runaround cover of £221 with LV.

Thanks for your help folks.
 
Back
Top