Crossclimate 3 stones in the tread

CaliforniaPhil

CaliforniaPhil

Lifetime VIP Member
Messages
401
Location
Midlands
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Just looking over my van and noticed a lot of stones in my crossclimate 3 tread. They are about a month old. Stones in the main tread and the thinner slit snipes.

These are the stones that work their way into the tyre and create punctures.

Probably worth checking if you have CC3's.

It might have been the hard standing with small gravel we were on last week.

20260629_194648.jpg
 
I’ve never had a puncture caused by a small stone, only ever penetrating metal, in any car or bike I’ve owned in 35 years and 100s of
Thousands of miles. I honestly think you’re worrying about something you don’t need to.
 
The same here, if you leave the stones in they just grind to nothing or flick out and crack the windscreen behind you :D
 
I’ve never had a puncture caused by a small stone, only ever penetrating metal, in any car or bike I’ve owned in 35 years and 100s of
Thousands of miles. I honestly think you’re worrying about something you don’t need to.
Ok, I hope you are correct, but I have never seen this amount if stones in any summer tyre I've had on a car. It might reduce as the tyre wears, they have less than 500 miles on them. The worrying ones were in the thin slits, its hard to see them, the slit is slightly open. Investigating with a screwdriver, I removed several thin, sharp stones.
 
I would guess the high temperatures and a softer all climate compound are factors here.
 
Just looking over my van and noticed a lot of stones in my crossclimate 3 tread. They are about a month old. Stones in the main tread and the thinner slit snipes.

These are the stones that work their way into the tyre and create punctures.

Probably worth checking if you have CC3's.

It might have been the hard standing with small gravel we were on last week.

View attachment 149144
In the words of crocodile Dundee “call those stones, theses are stones in a CC2”

1783328007226.jpeg

Post in thread 'Michelin Agilis Crossclimate tyres seem a rough ride?' https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...ate-tyres-seem-a-rough-ride.44552/post-582960
 
Last edited:
The Bridgestone all season tyres have the same habit of picking up small stones, it’s not a problem they generally find their way out of the treads when driving
 
Just looking over my van and noticed a lot of stones in my crossclimate 3 tread. They are about a month old. Stones in the main tread and the thinner slit snipes.

These are the stones that work their way into the tyre and create punctures.

Probably worth checking if you have CC3's.

It might have been the hard standing with small gravel we were on last week.

View attachment 149144
For anyone interested Black circles have an offer on for both CC2 and 3’s with £60 off 2 and £120 off 4
Just paid £380 for 2 CC3’s fitted & balanced for 255/45/R18 103Y (SUV)
 
Back
Top