Bike rack advice

V

Van Mots

VIP Member
Messages
17
Location
Gloucester
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All, I’m looking for recommendations for a tow bar bike rack, 2 bike preferably, to go on my 2014 T5 SE Cali. Thanks!
 
In the classic "recommend what you have" situation: Thule Velospace XT2.

Simple, well built, surprisingly corrosion proof, allows the tailgate to open, 2 e-bikes with batteries are within the load spec, wide enough for modern MTB geometry and long bikes, simple to fit on the towball, bikes fitted are below teh roofline so no barrier / carpark angst.

Survived 2 weeks of appalling roads in Lithuania and never budged an inch with 2 e-bikes. Confidence inspiring that you and the bikes will end up in the same place.

New, expensive but can be found on FB marketplace etc.
 
Hi All, I’m looking for recommendations for a tow bar bike rack, 2 bike preferably, to go on my 2014 T5 SE Cali. Thanks!
Also look at the Atera Strada DL3/4 which is the other rack that allows you to open the tailgate with bikes still attached.
Be aware that the tailgate on a California is long and not all tailgate racks work without adaptions.
 
Also look at the Atera Strada DL3/4 which is the other rack that allows you to open the tailgate with bikes still attached.
Be aware that the tailgate on a California is long and not all tailgate racks work without adaptions.
I had to replace my DL3 when I bought an eMTB. The channels were too narrow for my tires and weren't long enough for the wheelbase. I ended up replacing it with the Thule Easyfold XT3.
 
I had to replace my DL3 when I bought an eMTB. The channels were too narrow for my tires and weren't long enough for the wheelbase. I ended up replacing it with the Thule Easyfold XT3.
Not sure what the OP has, whether they have eMTBs or gravel or road bikes with slimmer tyres.
Anyway, the information is here for them to decide.
Otherwise, suggest they contact The Roof Box company who are very helpful and reasonably priced.
 

Similar threads

Peter Shead
Replies
11
Views
5K
DM
M
Replies
7
Views
4K
MacCali
M
Blue Beach
Replies
2
Views
3K
AlanC
A
Back
Top