Awning repair

Nippy

Nippy

Messages
31
Location
Stotfold
Vehicle
Motorhome
It will come as no surprise, that out 2015 California succumbed to the usual awning problem, with the glued seam unravelling whilst in France.
We caught it fairly early, when the “tear” was only about a foot long, and managed to tape it together until a permanent solution was found, opening the awning only partially to keep the seam out of the sunlight.
Resisting the temptation to spend hundreds of pounds on a replacement fabric, I have had the original sewn back together by a local company, Manuals Drapes, based in Baldock, and very neat it looks too.
I have yet to refit the awning, waiting for another pair of hands, but would offer the above for anyone in Herts / Beds with similar issues, I paid £20 for the stitching!
 
It will come as no surprise, that out 2015 California succumbed to the usual awning problem, with the glued seam unravelling whilst in France.
We caught it fairly early, when the “tear” was only about a foot long, and managed to tape it together until a permanent solution was found, opening the awning only partially to keep the seam out of the sunlight.
Resisting the temptation to spend hundreds of pounds on a replacement fabric, I have had the original sewn back together by a local company, Manuals Drapes, based in Baldock, and very neat it looks too.
I have yet to refit the awning, waiting for another pair of hands, but would offer the above for anyone in Herts / Beds with similar issues, I paid £20 for the stitching!
Fantastic, Any photos of the repair ?
 
Afternoon Perfectos, couple of photos, showing before and after the repair, all I need now is a bit of family help to put it back together!
Thanks for interest, I’ve had the van in bits to rectify a lack of water at the tap, and through which WelshGas has been guiding me, what a valuable resource this forum is!
Regards!

IMG_3166.jpeg

IMG_3194.jpeg
 
Back
Top